I am angry at you for breaking A promise you never made !

I am angry at you for breaking

A promise you never made !

Seems irrational, but it is true

How do I justify it, I don’t have a clue

Foolish it was to claim something

That never was mine

Neither it was meant to be

That too I realize

But try telling that to the poor fellow

Who still jumps at your thought

Who keeps on pumping blood in my vein

Believing hope is not all lost !

The chap is furious at me for

Unwilling adieu I bade.

Like I am angry at you for denying

Some words you never said.



Even though I feel wronged

You were always right.

Even though I felt lonely

You were never out of sight.

Even though when you asked for help

And I denied outright

Nonetheless when I was in need

Unasked help arrived.

A time came soon, when I was shaken

& Waiting to be held tight.

You just stood there looking at me

And gradually went out of sight.

Coming to believe that you are always there for me

Without my asking for the same

Made me vulnerable to unexpressed expectations

No one is really to blame.

There never were explicit agreements

Between hearts – they said

But, I am angry at you for breaking

A promise you never made.

टिप्पणियाँ

एक टिप्पणी भेजें

लोकप्रिय पोस्ट